First I have to apologize that this doesn’t look very much like the person it’s supposed to be. I’m not a classical illustrator who can crank out spitting image likenesses of people easily. Sometimes I can brute force my way to something close with enough hacking at it – but not my usual forte.
… But my lack of skills aside, this illustration is my humble homage to the legendary, Gavin McInnes.
I could write paragraphs on the genius, accomplishments and hilarity of this man. But since I don’t have that kind of time I have to unfairly, brutishly sum him up in ugly bullet points:
- He’s a writer, actor, comedian (and then some)
- He wrote “The Death of Cool: From Teenage Rebellion to the Hangover of Adulthood”
- He co-founded VICE Media (but left after they sold their souls)
- He helped get Trump elected
- He is kind of everywhere …
- Do NOT let your young kids watch him (he sometimes says things that make Howard Stern look like a blushing introvert!)
Like Milo Yiannopoulos, Gavin is originally from another country (Canada) but lives in the US now and fights for America’s future by pushing back against social and political nonsense (normally coming from the regressive left). In my opinion he is brilliant, hillarious and a true American hero and I “like him more than a friend.”
I’m proud of your boy, Gavin.
A bit he does on his CompoundMedia.com show where he talks about books while he cooks by the fire … cracks me up every time.